Friday, January 6, 2012

Confessions of a Triathlete, Part III

Wow, it's been awhile since I've done this one!  Check out Part I and Part II!  As I was swimming today, though, the mood struck.  Here goes nothin'....

1.  My best Christmas gifts were all tri-related.  From the treadmill (natch) to new trail shoes to sweet compression sleeves, I'm all decked out for 2012.  Boo ya.
2.  I started planning my racing season for 2012 in December....now that it's January, I've signed up for race #1....and am sorta anxious to fill in the holes.  I have no race for January, February or August.  This bothers me.
3.  Directly based on #2, I'm considering racing a trail half marathon in 3 weeks.  I've never run a trail run in my life.  I'm not that bright. 
4.  I can't plan a trip without trying to find a race nearby.  Evidence:  National Marathon 2011.  I'm going back to DC next month.   Once again, a race beckons.  One would think I could just travel and enjoy it without a race.  Nah....
5.  Even with all this race planning, I'm sorta bummed that 2012 is not an Ironman year.  I'm gonna miss the 100 mile rides and several hour runs.  I'm not kidding.  I need help.
6.  I can't watch TV unless I'm in motion.  My DVR rocks my universe...filled with Soap Operas, Hungry Girl, The Bachelor (oh yeah), and Nick at Night throwback crap.  It's fodder for trainer workouts and treadmill repeats.  They tell me this is a good thing.
7.  I wear sneakers with evening gowns lest I need to break into a 400 yard dash at the hockey game (kidding on that second part.  I think).
8.  I like to equate my yearly mileage into destinations to exotic locales (last year, Africa...this year, who knows?).  It's quite possibly the only way I'll ever get there.  I'm okay with that.
9.  I like to plan my social life around long runs.  Sure, Mom, Ill come have lunch with you.  I have a 2 hour run on the docks (time it takes to run to her house).  Can you drive me home?  My Father in law lives 25 miles away, so he doesn't have to put up with my smelly butt as often.  I know he's cheering somewhere.
10. I still have a permanent tan line on my back from my tri-suit.  It's not going away.  That can't be good. 
Whew, glad I got that off my back :-P

5 comments:

  1. I like number 8 :) My best Christmas gifts were tri or running related too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a horrible tri tan line! I stopped trying to hide it and started embracing it instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are missing IM, IM Lousville still has spots open...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...i so want to, but I am trying so hard to give my body a break this year!! (Sitting on hands to not click over to IMKY)....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started doing the occasional trail race last year, and they are AWESOME! You'll have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete