Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tag, You're it!

It's the weekend, so let's play!  Miss Shelley tagged me to play an 11 question "Tag you're it" blog game, so...why not?  Pull up a chair for more useless random factoids about me....

The Rules:
#1 You must post these rules
#2 Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
#3 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.

11 Things About Me:
    Source
  1. I'm not a morning person.  I keep trying, dammit, but I'm not really good to be around until after my first cup of coffee.
  2. I have a slight addiction to mileage.  If there's a bigger distance out there, I'm on it.  Watch out, ultra's here I come!
  3. I'm a total bookworm.  I can read about 3-4 books a week.  It's pretty ridiculous.  (Anyone have any good authors?  They don't write fast enough for me!)
  4. My favorite day of the week is Thursday.  It screams possibilities because the weekend is just around the corner.
  5. I could probably live off oatmeal.  I feel like an 80 year old writing that....but the topping possibilities are endless....I have at least one bowl a day!
  6. I change into my pajamas as soon as I'm home for the day.  I hate actual clothes....and wish I could live in my fleece jammies all the time.
  7. The hubster and I pretty much have our own made up language no one really understands....except 5 year olds.  That can't be good.
  8. Nothing calms me down like a long run or ride.  I can escape the world and I usually come up with my best ideas while pounding pavement.  It's too bad I forget them when I'm done....
  9.  I have Reynaud's disease pretty bad.  Somehow I think living in New York is a mistake, but I'm pretty stubborn :-P
  10. My favorite candy is Reese's Pieces.  They take forever to eat and taste so amazing after a long ride.
  11. Source
  12. I am pretty much dying for a puppy....namely a Siberian husky.  I asked Santa for one, but he brought me a picture of a dog.  Guess I need to be more specific next time, huh?


What Shelley asked:
  1. What is your guilty pleasure? My soap opera, Young and the Restless.  I'm addicted.  I DVR it everyday, and am secretly in love with Nick Newman.  Crap.  I just outed myself on the internets.
  2. Do you have a favorite tv show? LOVE Fringe, New Girl, and Up All Night.  Plus, bad reality TV.  I'll only watch it on the treadmill though...so at least I'm working my body while rotting my brain.   It evens out, right?
  3. What is the most creative Halloween costume you have ever seen? I'm pretty much stuck on the cereal killer costume.  But it's probably because I'm obsessed with cereal :-P
  4. If you were stuck on a dessert island and could only have one food what would it be? Peanut butter.  Full of good fats and calories, which I would need to keep my strength up.  plus, its yummy. 
  5. Did you make New Years Resolutions? Yup.  I like the idea of a clean slate.
  6. What is the best vacation you took in the past year? Lake Placid....went up there for training camp, then for the hubsters IM.  It's probably the best place on earth. Gorgeous.
  7. What is your dream vacation to take over the next few years? Would love to go to Hawaii.  But only if I Kona qualify....so right now, that's a 30 year plan. :-P
  8. Do you have a childhood nickname?  Why do you hate me?  Just kidding...it was chipmunk cheeks.  Use it and you die.
  9. If you could meet one celebrity or famous person, who would it be and why? Chrissie Wellington, Ironman champ. She's so inspiring....fast as $hit, but always having fun.  And that's awesome.
  10. What is one thing you never imagined yourself doing but you did it?! Ironman.  Still kinda in disbelief that I did that...TWICE!
  11. Tell me your 11 (or more!) favorite qualities about yourself   determined, intelligent, funny, stubborn (yes, I think that's good), thoughtful, diligent, dependable, creative, thrifty, perserverant and silly.  Too bad my head won't fit through the door anymore :)
My 11 Questions:

1.  What is one of your goals for 2012?
2.  If you could have one super power, what would it be?
3.  What's your favorite season? 
4.  If you had to give up one sense (sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste) what would it be?
5.  What accomplishment are you most proud of?
6.  If there was a fire in your house and you could only save 3 things, what would they be?
7.  What is your dream race?
8.  If you won a million dollars, what's the first thing you would buy?
9.   If you were picked to be on a reality show, which one would it be?
10.  If you had to live in a different country for a year, which one would you choose?
11.  Why is your blog named what it is?


Tag...you're it! (link back if you like!)…
Alexa @ Just Keep Swimming
Kathleen @ Fittitude Freedom 
Kristin @ Gotta Love Triathlon

Want to play along?  Leave a comment answering one (or all!) of the questions!

Let's keep it going!

3 comments:

  1. Love it Rae! Chipmunk cheeks will stay here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Reynaud's disease too. And yes it is because we live in the tundra and frostbite from years ago because i was too cool to wear proper protection when i skiied in high school. I hate that it can take my hands and toes hours to get back to normal after runs in the winter. Sometimes I just stand in the hot shower for a long time hoping for the sensation in my extremities to get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the coffee. My coworkers know to leave me alone til I've had at least a cup.

    ReplyDelete