Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What Dreams May Come

And sometimes, even with the best of intentions, reality is just a bit too much to focus on.  So let's talk about the imaginary world today, shall we?  (Disclaimer-just the Wednesday blahs.  I'm ready for he weekend, the calendar hasn't caught up yet. Ya feel me?)
Now, lest you think I'm going to ruminate on butterflies and unicorns, I'm not.  i wanna talk about about dreams.  No, not the "if you build it, he will come" type of dreams.  The wonderful little quirky adventures that happen in the (hopefully) 8 hours in the sack.  Lately, I've been having some crazy a$$ dreams, so I decided to keep a dream journal for a week and catalogue my crazy nightly stories.  After seven days, I remembered two dreams vaguely, three dreams vividly, and none for the other two nights.  Want to hear my insanity?  Check out the three "vivid" dreams:

Source
Night One:  I'm in an Ironman triathlon.  Not sure where, but it appears to be exotic (salt water, palm trees, etc.)  I'm nervous, but prepared.  At the last minute, the race director tells everyone that they are switching things up and that it will still be 140.6, but instead we are going to bike 2.4 miles, swim 26.2 miles, then run 112 miles.  He tells us we will have as much time as we need to do it, but that all other triathlon rules apply.  I freak out, but the hubster tells me that that's the way life is, and I need to deal-and that I am strong and ready.  Everyone drops out but 3 of us, and I win the race.

Night 4:  I'm on a "field trip" like we used to go on back in the day, at a museum.  Everyone in the "class" is someone that I know in real life, and we are assigned "buddies".  I end up touring the museum with this guy that I know, and fall madly in love with him. He holds my hand throughout the day, then calls me later on to tell me how awesome I am. We meet up for a "date" that night and he kisses me.  Very PG and 7th graderish. Weird take way-I know this guy in real life, and would never, ever kiss him.  The hubster was also in the dream, but clearly, we weren't married. 

Night 5:  I go over to my mom's house for dinner.  I find her there with my best friend from high school (a guy) and one of my current girlfriends and her husband.  My mom is dividing up all my childhood toys and stuff she kept among my high school BFF and my girlfriend.  She sees me and tells me she never wants to talk to me, that I messed up and she doesn't consider me her daughter.  I ask my high school BFF for a ride and he ignores me.  I run to the neighbor's house in tears and try to call the hubster.  He tells he will pick me up but that we're through.  The neighbor tells me I can stay there, but I walk out of the house and into some fog. 

Weird, right?  I consulted a  few dream dictionaries  to take a look at some of these symbols.

Night One Interpretation: Any kind of race being run is a form of obstacle dream in that it predicts success in whatever concerns you most.  If you dreamed of running in a race yourself, you can expect an exciting new offer whether you won or lost. A dream featuring race relations signifies progress if the climate was pleasant, but disappointment if it was not.  Hmmm.  Wonder if this means that I can handle obstacles?
Source
Night Four Interpretation:   If you are having an affair in a dream, you are being asked to get intimately in touch with your male side if you are having an affair with a man, or your female side if the affair is with a woman. Confidence, belief in yourself, feeling worthy of the space you occupy, career, ambition, sex drive and spiritual healing work through your male energy. The dream may be triggered due to an imbalance which is affecting your ability to develop or move forward in an aspect of your life.
This makes sense to me.  The person who I dreamed about is not someone I would ever be with in real life, but does portray himself as having many qualities I admire. 

Night Five Interpretation:  A dream including your mother is likely a comment on your relationship with her and how it is holding you back in some area of your life now. Dreams only focus on problems in your life. Although you may have a wonderful relationship, there are still often traits or attitudes you copied, or an influence you allow that you could do without.  Heh.  Sorry, Mom!  Not sure how accurate this interpretation is...in this case it might be (negative connotation in dream), but what if you had a positive dream with your mom?

Interesting stuff!  Do you analyze your dreams?  Ever have completely crazy ones like I do?

2 comments:

  1. Those are definitely some crazy dreams! I particularly like Night One - there's nothing wrong with winning, even if it's under strange circumstances! I also have some pretty strange dreams, but they're usually a result of whatever insanity is going on in my life at the moment, so they're pretty easy to interpret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream the other night that I was getting ready for my wedding...in the 1700's! In the dream I freaked out because I had so many layers I on it would be impossible to use the bathroom later that day. I obviously have some anxiety about the wedding day and I woke up needing to use the bathroom. Dreams are your subconscious way to work things out.

    ReplyDelete