Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Anger management

Sometimes I miss being a kid.  When it was acceptable to fling yourself on the ground, stamp your feet, cry, or yell "I DON'T WANNA" to get your way.  Well, okay, it rarely worked, but when you're 4, you can get away with that $hit alot easier.
Fine, correction.  Some people still can get away with it.  For some reason, I can't.  And I'm just a touch bitter about it.  Yesterday, I tried to drown myself swim my worries away and then eat them away.  It didn't work.
New plan for today:  kick a$$ treadmill workout during lunch to get out all my frustrations. Check (well, the mood isn't better, but I'm one step closer to my next PR.  I'll take it.   Drinks after work with the people that sign my paycheck. Liquid stress remover.  Check.  (it's too bad I'm a two one drink Betty).  Early A.M. plan for tomorrow to start the day off right: weights.
Call me AHHHHnold.  Either I'm gonna die or it's gonna die. I'm not sure who I have my best bet on.
The world better not mess with me.  Or else. 

How do you relieve stress when the world has you in a choke hold?  Do you fight back?  I try :-D


3 comments:

  1. A good workout always helps me too! Otherwise, sometimes I just write angry notes in a journal :) Don't worry, you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hit the bike and crank out the miles but I'm still PO'd after that, some of the people I work with are classified as what I call TOOLS! They get to me and I shouldn't let em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tae. Kwon. Do. I call it "Exercising the Demons"

    ReplyDelete