Monday, January 9, 2012

Trash time!

2012- the year to eat better, be more active, and in general, live healthier.  Check.  With one exception.  Give me greek yogurt over fruity sugary yogurt.....apples over potato chips, and my 60 minutes a day of cardio....but don't ever make me give up my trash TV! 
With the  holiday season over, the new season....of bad TV is upon us!  There are, of course, some old favorites returning, an also some new shows that look mildly entertaining (we'll see if they pass the two show test!)  So, what's my DVR holding this month?  In anticipation of treadmill and trainer miles...I promise!):
1.  New Girl:  Tuesday at 9pm on Fox.  Zooey Deschanel (your own inner dork) and 3 male roommates.  I'm just waiting for the inevitable hookup.
3.  Up All Night: Thursdays, 9:30pm on NBC.  Will Arnett, Christina Applegate and Maya Rudolph...Will and Christina's adventures with a newborn.  There's no segueway involved, but Will Arnett is hilarious, as usual. 
3.  Fringe:  Fridays, Fox, 9pm.  Fringe science-teleportation, mutant plants and a rival world.  Plus, Joshua Jackson and Lance Riddick.  Hummana hummana.
4.  Alcatraz: NEW!  Mondays, 8pm, Fox.  (Pilot 1/16)  When Alcatraz was shut down 30 years ago, 300 prisoners disappeared and now have super powers.....oh man.  Love San Francisco, gotta check this out.
5. The Firm: Sundays, NBC at 9pm.  NEW.  Based off of John Grisham's book "The Firm" (and movie)  takes you into what happened to the main characters 10 years later.  I'll give this a show or two. 
6.  Family Guy:  Fox, Sundays, 9pm.  Seth McFarland's best.  There is nothing right about this show.  And I love it. 
7.  American Dad: Fox, Sundays, 9:30. Once again, Seth.  An FBI agent, dumb blonde, alien and talking fish.  What's not to love?

8.  Undercover Boss: CBS, Sundays, 8pm.  Not sure how long they can do this one...but bosses go undercover in their own companies and realize they have no clue what goes in to being a peon.  Any 9 to 5er will appreciate this show.

9. The Bachelor: Hold your groans...I know.  Rejected guy from last season's bachelorette tries to find true love amongst 25 annoying skinny girls.  one of 'em's a blogger.  I'll give it two episodes merely for that fact.  plus, I'm still in love with Andy....



What's on your DVR this season?  Have a I missed anything?

3 comments:

  1. The Kardashians are my guilty pleasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I.♥.Castle. If anyone thinks Nathan Fillion isnt about the most charming thing out there they have a screw loose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any guilty pleasure shows during prime time, but I definitely have some that I watch on Netflix streaming. Who am I kidding, I am on Season 5 of freakin' Dawson's Creek which I have been getting through the mail, disc by disc, for the past 3 months!

    My shows are: NCIS, GLEE, Parenthood, The New Girl (all on Tuesday night), Big Bang Theory, The Office (on Thursday night). Because I don't have a DVR, I really can't handle many more than this! :) I also buy The Walking Dead episode-by-episode on Amazon Prime because that's how good it is! I AM going to check out Alcatraz because it's made by the LOST people!

    Longest comment ever?

    ReplyDelete