Sunday, January 15, 2012

How'd I do, Week Two

Two weeks down, 50 to go.  Hows your 2012 going?  There's been a few bumps in the road this week...but that's to be expected, right? Check out week #1 if you missed it...and now,  in the realm of complete honesty, I'll lay it all out there for you....week #2, the good, the bad and the ugly!
Source
Week #2 
(1/9/12-1/15/12):
Pounds lost: .5 (whew)
Days Active: 6.  Took one day with a nice walk and yoga, but no hard cardio
Miles n Miles:  9 (running), 84 (biking),  4 (swimming), 2 strength sessions, 2 yoga sessions
Snack attacks:  Two.  One minor (cookie attack), one major middle of the night full out binge.  Ugh, I hate writing that.
Close Calls:  3.  I need to de-stress :-(

Even though I technically lost weight, I'm not proud of this week at all.  I did fit in a few yoga sessions, which is good, but my stress eating was through the roof in terms of simple carb comfort.  Lame.  So, what am I going to about this?  
After some deep thought, and admittedly, some self- berating, I've had a few revelations.  Okay, one.  And I'm late to the party on this one.  First, okay, don't beat myself up.  The past is past, the future is what we can change and need to focus on.  Okay, good.  The real meat and (sweet) potatoes of the matter is....I need to eat more meat and sweet potatoes.  Wait, what?
Source
Yup, I've been chasing the wrong horse.  Weight loss is....80% diet, not 80% cardio.  How did I miss this? So, rather than writing down the fact that I did seven zillion minutes on the bike and therefore my 3 fistfuls of M&Ms are justified, I need to work it the other way around.  Less focus on getting in a million hours of cardio, more focus on carrots.  And chicken.  And apples.  And not crappy white carbs (most of the time!).  No fear, I'm not going paleo.  Not excluding anything.  But being wayyy more mindful on why I am eating and what I am eating.  I thought about starting a food log on my blog, but I think that would be kind of boring for y'all, no?  And we all know how much I hate boring you :-P
Deep breath.  I can do this.  And I will feel so much better when I do it.  Dangle the carrot, baby.  Literally.  Stay tuned for week #3....the Produce week!  

2 comments:

  1. I would love to log in 84 miles on the bike in a week. Maybe one day...
    Good luck with the cravings. I do think it's hard after the holidays to come down to reality. I'm having that issue with spending - not fun at all, but very necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your brutal honesty - and it makes me feel better that I'm the only one struggling with mindful eating. I'm usually pretty good Monday through Friday, but I fall apart on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete