Monday, January 30, 2012

January in Review

Hello hello!  Can it really be that the first month of 2012 is coming to an end?  Wow!  How bout a month in review then?  Sounds good to me :-)
First of all, today.  I woke up feeling pretty lousy (stomach bug?) but since my car was in the shop, I had license to stay in my jammies until noon.  When I went to go pick it up.  Via a run.  Wait, normal people don't run 12 miles in 20 degree weather to go pick up their car from the shop?  Shoot.  Well, my mechanic didn't bat an eye (of course, he is a family friend, so he knows my shenanigans.)  I'm such a bada$$.  Or, at least I pretend to be.  Now, after freezing off my tooshee, I'm sitting here in my jammies again, with a mug of Earl Gray and a cat on my lap to write this post.  Perfect.
But January.  Let's talk about January.
My goals for the month were to be a bit better with eating.  How did I do?
Well, I got better at late night snacking.  Still working on making my morning meals bigger, but it's a process.  I've gotten much better at eating whole foods.  Still love my reese's, but moderation is where it's at, yo.  I've also become a bit more "relaxed" about my eating, and have made some choice indulgences at parties, special dinners, and on weekends, rather than being "overly careful".  But also taking care to eat only what I think is delicious, and not eat just for the hell of it.
I've also had a few slip ups....a few carb binges (yuck), a few late night indulgences, and a few here and there's.  C'est la vie, right?  One day at a time.
At the end of the month....I'm down 3 pounds.  Sweet.  Nothing drastic, nothing ridiculous, just a bit more mindful.

Oh, and I played.  With friends.  And family.  And the hubster.  And that, my friends, is all about balance.  Ohhhh..ohhhhh....is that a theme? :-)
How are your rezzies going?  Ready to bring on February?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment