Friday, January 20, 2012

Fringe Benefits

Hola amigos!  (Yeah, that's all I got.  No Spanish skills-but I did buy a language lesson kit for 6 months of online courses, so we'll see what happens!  Anyone want to take me to Mexico?)  No takers?  Nah, I didn't think so.
So, how's the day treating everyone?  making big plans for the weekend?  The hubster and I actually have some fun plans for the weekend other than the usual run bike swim eat sleep repeat rigmarole.  Sweet!  Tomorrow afternoon we are in a horseshoe tournament to benefit Teens with Cancer-pay $20 a team and see if you can win a sweet trophy, all proceeds to the charity.  I can get behind that!  (Too bad I've never played the game.  Don't tell the hubster that!)  Post horseshoe throwin', we're off to Letchworth for the rest of the weekend to camp and play in the snow. 
Yeah, I know....who throws horseshoes and camps in the winter?  Well, we do. Gotta make it interesting, right :-)  I expect marshmallows, plenty of hot cocoa, sledding, and sleeping bag fun.  (HEY.  I mean that in a PG manner!)  I guess the cabin has no running water or flush toilets, so expect some interesting repertoire when we return.  In the interim, y'all have an excellent guest post making an appearance tomorrow...get excited!  Just promise me you'll still come back and read my lil bloggie when you're exposed to someone who writes actual content rather than sarcastic drivel :-P
Now, ONTO tonight.  What's on tap for you guys?  I wish I could say that I was staying home and watching a new episode of Fringe on TV, but no dice.  Darnit.  On Tuesday, when we had the major windstorm, it blew out our satellite and now we are out for a week.  Ugh, soonest they could fix it.  Since the hubster got the fee waived and a month off the protection plan, plus a $20 credit, I consider it okay.  The bad part?  We're missing Fringe.  And Up All Night.  And The Bachelor (Greg is crying).  And Alcatraz.  Lame, lame, lame.
Who's gonna fill me in on what happens with Fringe tonight?  It's the one I miss most :-(  I suppose I could find other things to do with my night rather than the boob tube :-D

1 comment:

  1. Have fun camping! My limit on cold weather camping is lower-30's at night and NO SNOW!

    ReplyDelete