Monday, January 16, 2012

Lotta green, little green

And it's time for fresh start Monday!  Despite feeling bloated and icky after a few too many indulgences last week, I decided to move along and take this operation on day at a time.  Thank you for your comments and emails-I appreciate them :-)  First up-a wholesome breakfast of greek yogurt, berries, and toast.  Then it was time to get down to brass tacks...if you wanna eat healthy, the food's gotta be there in the fridge!  So I dodged a million soccer moms and their day-off-from-school 8 year olds at the store and brought home my haul:
Score.  Check out that rainbow...along with some decent protein options to boot (I'm not a veggie, but I don't eat meat that often).  The best part?  You're lookin' at $22 bucks and some change.  I kid not.  Apparently all the January food enthusiasts have given up, leading to some sweet clearance deals in the organic section of Tops.  SWEET! (Oh, the alien stuff in the bag is kale.  Have you ever had Kale chips?  NO?  Well, I'll make some this week.  They sound weird, but taste awesome Promise).
Along with some canned goods, milk, bread, and other household goodies I knocked a $119 grocery bill down to $52.  Not too stinkin' bad.  Awfully pleased with myself, I headed home, ate a bowl of oats mixed with strawberries and chia seeds, and changed into my bike gear.  Two sweaty hours and 3 episodes of Fringe later, I've knocked my activity off my to-do list.  What's next?  I think I'll relax with a new book.  I could get used to Mondays off :-)
Dinner tonight is pressing (tofu steaks and butternut squash fries) and it's a wild night of TRash TV...the Bachelor will be DVRing for some post work walking tomorrow, and Alcatraz premiers tonight!  What better than super human ex-cons walking around the streets of my favorite city 30 years after they are supposed to be dead?  I guess I'll find out :-) 
Have a wonderful day, friends and if you are lucky enough to have off, take a moment to remember the great man who had the courage to stand up for what he thought was right and say "I have a Dream"....

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, You've done a fantastic job. I’ll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I'm confident they will be benefited from this website.
    White Baby Boy & Boys Tuxedo Suit, Special occasion suit, Jacket, Shirt, Vest, Tie & Pants

    ReplyDelete