Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Garages for Idiots

I have a confession for you.  I may be many things....an athlete (yay, I said it!), a moderately healthy eater, a comedian (I try) and a good wife, but there is one thing I'm not.
A good driver.
Source
 Nope, I pretty much and terrible. I'm not a speeder (regardless of what certain officers think), or a weaver, but I am terrible with  crappy weather (snow and rain), driving in the dark, and spatial awareness.  Let's talk about that last one.  I've had a few unpleasant run-ins with our garage (don't ask....but my car has a few white paint stripes as decoration. 
Well...because my father in law loves me dearly enjoys poking fun at me, "Santa" brought us a pretty cool present this year.  I give you the:

 GUARANTEED to allow you to pull into your garage the perfect amount without any foibles!  (Now if they only made one for backing out....(cringes).  It's pretty simple actually...you need string, a golf ball, and hooks.  Measure the spot where your car fits perfectly in the garage and hang your string and ball from the ceiling....voila.
Pretty cool!  (Then again, I'm easy to amuse.)
Anyone else have these same issues?  Or am I just ridiculously lame?  (That was one question :-P)

 
In other news...I would also like to confess that I ate 4 big as my hand lemon cookies last night.   I wasn't hungry.  At 2 a.m.  I feel lame about it, but the past is unchangeable.  The future, however, is not.  Onward, friends.  I sense some namaste in my future.  (Just to clarify, I am not beating myself up.  I am being honest with you as I am both successful and struggling with my January goals.)

No comments:

Post a Comment