Sunday, January 8, 2012

The End of the Beginning: Week 1

Wow, is 2012 really already a week old?  Time flies!  How was everyone's first week?  Mine was filled with challenges, ups, downs, laughing, crying, defeat and victory.  So pretty much another week in the life of me.  And I won't complain!  As promised, I am keeping track of my January focus weekly, so Sunday is as good a day as any to report (Bad habit from triathlon training...the weeks are Monday-Sunday.)

Week #1 (1/2/12-1/8/12):
Pounds lost: 1.5 (I assume some of this is water, but I'll take it!)
Days Active: 7 (need to schedule a rest day next week)
Miles n Miles:  12 (running), 75 (biking), 3 (rowing), 4 (swimming), 2 strength sessions.
Snack attacks:  Just one-reasonable snacks the rest of the days and after said attack, I took a deep breath and moved on.
Close Calls:  3 or 4.  Taking 5 worked :-)

On to week #2...I'm going to continue writing it all down, but have noticed that my snack attacks come on when I am anxious or stressed.  (Yeah, it was a rough week in that department).  This week, I'm going to try to counteract some of that with:
* 3 yoga sessions
* An attempt at daily (5 minute) meditation/deep breathing

This is way out of my realm, but I'll give it a shot!  What are your mini goals for the week?

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great week! My mini-goal is to get 8 hours of shut eye a night!

    ReplyDelete