Monday, April 4, 2011

Confessions of a Triathlete, part II

Welcome to Monday!  It's a rainy, stay under the covers and watch bad TV kind of day here, but, alas, the beat goes on and off to work I am. Ahhh, job security.  Kind of.  That's how I'm looking at it :-D 

To add insult to injury, Mondays are doubly rough because they are "rest" days.  I hate rest days.  How else am I going to work out my increasing aggression and become a better athlete with no workouts?  Ok, ok, I know...to become stronger, I must rest.  More insights to the anomalies of a type A triathlete.....lol....

1.  I hate Mondays.  Not because its the start of a week, but because it is a rest day.  I suck at rest.  Just ask Kim and Mary.  I think they might strangle me, tie me down to a chair and make me stop.  I love them for this.

2.  I still have no clue what to do with my 2011 season and my sub 4 goal.  I already have a half ironman, an ironman, and a few half marathons and Olympics sprinkled in.  I am seriously considering throwing another marathon in there, but I don't know where.  I need help.  In more than one way.

3.  I am super amped that we had temps in the 40's this week.  Is that sad?

4.  Musselman is T minus 15 weeks out, and most likely, its my biggest race.  I think I need to lay off the rieces pieces.  Or at least stick to a handful (and not the handful of the jolly green giant).

5.  I think I am a bit too obsessed with Boudreax.  And no, I don't have kids.  And no, I'm not preggers.  Much like Alexa, I wonder if thats even possible at this point.

6.  I had a rough time staying up till midnight on Saturday nights Euchre tourney.  Does that make me 87 years old, an endurance athlete, or both? Discuss.

7.  The hubster and I were talking about training last night and I wondered aloud if some of our tri buddies were taking the season off because I hadn't heard anything about their crazy workouts.  He reminded me that its only April 3rd and normal people probably haven't started training yet.  I'm a big dummy.

8.  While mapping out the hubsters training plan for April (I'm his coach and he pays me in foot rubs-score!) I have him ramping up to 80-90 mile rides by Easter.  I'm super jealous.  That's not normal, is it?

9.  I wish Canandaigua lake would warm up.  I'm tired of smelling like formaldehyde chlorine.  Good thing he put a ring on it, huh?  So sexy.

And...I can't think of a 10.  So be it :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment