Tuesday, April 12, 2011

You can call me Al

HE'S BAAAAACCCCKKK!!!

Ladies, and gentleman, after a long time hiatus from the gym pool, I was graced with the honor of our notorious friend, Al.    And this time, he brough the whole gang with him, too!!  Yup.  About 10 minutes into my drills n thrills swim (as I like to call repeats and drill workouts) I was joined by none other than our friend in the jail striped racer suit and 2 of his buddies, splashy and splashier.  Maybe they were trying to create a new spin off, or just give me extra practice for Sodus.
I'm not gonna kid you, friends.  I spent the next 5 minutes getting pissy about the splashy pool, unnecessary waves, and speedster mcgee and his crash n burn 50's rocking my world during my technical swim.
Then I figured....
if you can't beat em, join em.
So once again, I adapted my swim to my agenda and mixed speed sets with drills :-D

I won the race.

Boo ya. :-D

The Workout
Total yards:  2400, as 300 warm up, 1 x 800,  6x50 drills, 10 x 50 (L4/L5), 2x100 pull, 300 cd
Total Time:  46:48 (thanks to Capone and the splash brothers!)

Success.  Now that my marathon is done (at least for now mwahahahaha) its time to give the ole swim and bike some lovin.  I'm about 90% sure that the rest of my season will include the Musselman (well that 100%) and Chesman.  I just signed up for a super hilly half around here, the Flower City Half, but otherwise my long distance running is taking a backseat for the moment to swim speed and bike speed.

I can smell spring in the air.

http://www.nataliedee.com/
Or something like that.

Help me out, Paul.....


Thanks, long lost pal.


1 comment: