Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pass the courvoisier

So, the sickie bug done got me.  Boo Sad smile   After 3 days of talking myself into going to work, my body rebelled this morning with a firm NUH-UH.  Ok, fine.  I would rather acquiesce than get myself even sicker for Easter!!  But what does one do on a random Wednesday while being sick?  (According to the hubster, NOT work out.  Apparently, if you call in sick, you aren’t allowed to.  Dammit.  I thanked him for being my father the responsible, caring soft that he is, of course) 
So, after my frequent flyer trips to the bathroom (yeah, I’ll leave it at that), what to do with my life?  Well, I’ll tell ya.

Top ten things to do on a sick Wednesday
1.  Watch madness.  Cause, you know, we don’t do that enough…but I actually had to sit through commercials.  Crap.
SW-its-sick-week-allll-weeeek-loooong
2.  Attempt to make a hot toddy.  Realize you don’t know jack about liquor, and drink some powerade.  Once a triathlete, always a triathlete.
3.  Read your new library book.  Get annoyed that you can’t run because you can’t walk too far from the potty room.
4.  Start planning for your first ultra because of #3. Realize that getting excited about running 155 miles makes you even sicker in the head to most, and you don’t really care.
5.  Take a nap.  Wake yourself up from a really crazy dream involving an old high school pal, a parachute, and a pink kangaroo.  Realize that you, in fact, have not taken any drugs today and get nervous.
6.  Remember briefly that it IS 4/20 and wonder if Benadryl counts.  Realize how old you’re getting, and make another mug of green tea.
7.  Watch really funny dumb youtube videos (thanks HTP!)
8.  Comment on everyone’s facebook status ad nauseum.  Check and re-check status’s (stati?) of your friend’s every 5 minutes.  Meh.
9. Eat peanut butter straight out of the jar with an apple and call it lunch (oh wait, I do that every day)!
10.  Briefly consider doing some housework, realize that you actually HAVE an excuse not to, and watch more bad TV.

And then, write a really bad blog post because you have no creativity whatsoever.  Please say you’ll come back and visit again, friends.  They can’t all be winners.  At least pass the courvoisier next time so I’ll be funnier, please Open-mouthed smile

No comments:

Post a Comment