Sunday, April 10, 2011

I’m just a huunnngrryyyyy Duuuuudee (or) Girl !

Quick question:  Is it copyright infringement if I steal two slogans??  Not sure.  Just to cover my potentially huge jail fines all my bases, here ya go.
1st order of business for the Sundaily here…the run.
Yup.  We crushed it.

The Workout
Distance:  12.03 miles
Time: 1:44:22
Pace:  8:40/mile
Now the best part of this run was that my last 4 miles were my quickest.  I’m working on that whole negative split thing…..steady as she goes Smile  Bring it, Flower City half!

IMG_0607So, now, onto the GOOD stuff!  I preordered Hungry Girls new book 300 for under 300 to get some new healthy meal ideas (yeah, I’m a volumetrics eater.  I’m ok with that!).  As I went through and marked it up, I found a great recipe that just screamed post 70 mile ride (hubster) and 12 mile run (me).  I edited it a bit to accommodate what I had on hand, prepped it before I left for my run in the crockpot and voila!

INSIDE OUT TAMALE PIE (hungry girl/Rae combo)


       Step 1:  Assemble your soldiers.  I used 1 lb ground turkey, a can of tomatoes, corn, onions, chili and taco seasoning, black beans and a few onion guys.
IMG_0606


 Step 2:  Brown the ground turkey, add all ingredients to the crock.

Step 3:  Add 1/2 cup cornmeal and some chicken broth and stir.  Set 5 minutes.  "Frost" your creation in the crock.

IMG_0612IMG_0610                           

IMG_0614Set your crock on low for 6 hours.


Step 4:  Do your long run and/or bike.  Shower (maybe).

Step 5:  Recovery food.  Frost with cheese and microwave.


YUM!!!!


Who's hungry? :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment