Sunday, April 17, 2011

60 plus 18 cha ching!

Hello hello!  Sorry for going MIA on y’all yesterday-it’s been a weekend!!  First of all, may I take a lil' bow and say that we put 7 solid hours in the Ironman bank this weekend-60 miles of biking, 18.2 miles of running, and some solid core work Smile  Winner winner, chicken dinner!  (I realize that might not seem like much, but as my Ironman is 5 months out, I feel pretty stoked!)

Saturday was my first brick workout of 2011.  3 hours on the bike and a 10 miles run.  Upon reviewing the 30 mile an hour winds and freezing temps, I adjusted that to a 60 mile bike and 10k run (I’m almost positive that’s what my plan REALLY meant.  Yes?  Yes?)  Anywhoos, I averaged 18.7 for the musselman course taking it an easy pace effort, and then tacked on 4 miles for fun-did a quick changeroo, and then headed out.  Holy wind, batman!! I did the 10k just under a 9 minute pace, perfect for the first multi sport workout of the year!!

217001_653548886106_47500055_34917442_1881583_sThis morning, I headed out to pace my friend Alexa for her 3 hour run-we rocked that shit out for her second loop plus a little extra at a negative split!!  YAY!!   (Yeah, this is us after a long ass run.  We can’t all be rock stars Smile with tongue out)  Awesomesauce run….we never shut up for an hour and a half and took the pace really well off each other! After we finished, I took a nice cooldown to finish out 12 miles on the plan, easy peasy. 

Post run, my buddy Paul from work came to rototiller our garden (homegirls gonna grow veggies cause that’s what us farmers in 315 land do!) and then…what?  The SKY OPENED UP!
oh-shit-its-about-to-snow-like-a-mugSNOW!!!  Yeesh, people….I’m jumping in a lake in 6 weeks, wtf is this?  (Someone pray for us, please…or get a heater in the keuka lake “point nemo” swim area, stat!)

Now it’s time for relaxation, baby.  And some shower invites to address….someones gotta bone up on her maid of honor duties…my besty gets married in less than 3 months!!!  (Stay tuned for pictures of big day prep!)

No comments:

Post a Comment