Thursday, April 28, 2011

Things that go bump!

Yup, that's ME.  Just call me Mister Bump.  Last weekend, when I went out for a bike ride with my buddy on the canal, we were on our way home on the trail and came upon a break in the path with three posts, where you were supposed to pick a side and coast through the opening to the other side of the path.  Out of nowhere, my buddy PUSHED me into a post and I crashed my bike! ....I decided too late which side to pick and ended up crashing my leg into the middle post.  Bummer.  I have a gorgeous black and blue and green and all shades of the rainbow mark down my left leg from hip to knee.  Beautiful!

http://www.nataliedee.com/
So, yesterday, we were helping my sister and brother in law move.  We had to move their belongings from a UHaul and two storage containers into a trailer (which was super awesome because it rained and the trailer LEAKED, causing the project to take over twice is long....my sister in law has the patience of a saint!)..and as I was helping move a piece of furniture off the UHaul ramp with a family friend, the piece of furniture turned strangely and bumped into my leg, knocking me off the ramp and into a railing....leaving a huge scrape all down my right leg.....which is a lovely shade of purple today. 

So....basically I am sporting rainbows down both legs.  It's a good thing I don't work for ABW anymore.  yeesh.

So that's the highlight of my week so far.  I lead a charmed existence, no?  On the running and tri front, I'm almost at the end of a 6 week cycle, so rest week is in sight!  I had a mid week brick yesterday (3 hour ride and 2 mile run off the bike) and was feeling pretty shot the whole time....which is a sure sign that it's about time for a break.  Since I have a half marathon this weekend, I think I am going to re-think my workouts for the next three days in order to go in a bit fresh.  I've got a long swim and strength today, speedwork and core tomorrow, and a bike Saturday.  I may nix a few of the workouts or reorganize them in order to feel good about Sunday.

About this race....not sure what kind of goals to put in place for it.  Last year, I ran a 1:57, but I did a duathlon the day before and was feeling pretty shot.  My half marathon PR is 1:52...I would love to beat that, but I haven't been doing too much in the way of speedwork, so I think we'll just see how that one goes :-D  Anyone else racing this weekend?  Here's to hoping the crazy winds and rain we've been having subside by then!  Until then....

Oh, you bet I bought those for the hubster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment