Friday, June 1, 2012

Doin' Donuts

Well, I have some good news for you.
Not only is is Friday, but it's a holiday!
Yup.
It's National Donut Day!
What are you waiting for?
Go get your free donut at DD!
I did a solid today....typically, I don't really do coffee out (hi, it costs about five cents to make it at home) but....it was Friday.  And raining.  My foot hurt.  Yadda yadda yadda.
Medium french vanilla decaf coffee....in my belly.
White cream filled chocolate frosted donut....gone (to my credit, I waited until after my lunchtime swim to consume this....3000 yards of pull drills and descending speed sets merit a donut, no?  (In my world, they do!)
Oh, you don't have a dunkin donuts?  Don't like coffee?  Ran out of spare change on your dashboard?  No worries.  You can still celebrate!
It's been awhile, but these little apple guys are good...and so easy to make (sub out a muffin pan and poke a hole in it if you aren't "cool" enough to have a donut pan :-P
Don't like apples?  Think my cooking kinda sucks?  (it's okay.  Just don't tell me about it and we can stay friends :-))  No problema!  Check out this plethora of guilt free donut recipes from Hungry Girl!

Source
Yeah...I'm pretty sure I see an encore tonight.  What? 
I'll ride an extra 10 miles on Sunday and call it square :-P
Are you celebrating National Donut day?
If not....what the heck is wrong with you? :-P  I kid, I kid.  Have a splendid weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I totally celebrated free donut day and acted like I didn't know about it, haha!

    Cashier: Do you want a free donut? It's free donut day.
    Me: Oh my God, you don't say! Free, huh? Wow, guess I came on the right day. I *guess* I'll have a cream filled one?

    That and an iced coffee made for a great afternoon snack! And don't worry, *free* donuts don't have calories or shame...at least in my world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my Creme Filled Donut!! YAY to free donuts!

    ReplyDelete