Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday, I'm in love

Have I used that title before?  I'm not sure, and a bit too lazy to climb through 500 posts to find out.  So, if I did, I'm sorry.  If I didn't that sentence was pointless.  Either way, you know you've got The Cure stuck in your head, so it can't be all bad, right?
Today is a good day.  The rain washed away the humidity, the weekend is supposed to be sunshiny goodness, I have plans for a long outdoor ride tomorrow, and the hubster plays his first football game in 4 years.  We can sleep in both days.  There is no "work thought" for 48 hours (except for that damn garden...but you know what I mean...the whole 9-5 work thought.  Need a break from that).  And, without further adieu, instead of fun links Friday, I'm resurrecting the whole "What I'm Loving lately" theme.  What can I say...it's that kind of day :-) 
Friday Kinda Loves...
1.  Iced tea.  With the several 90 degree plus days here in Rochaha, I've been drinking about a half gallon a day.  We have two glass milk jugs that we use for the tea-pop 2 black tea bags in a jog, set outside in the sun for 3-4 hours, then refrigerate for a few hours to chill.  I'm currently adding a slice of lemon to the glass with some ice cubes...a fun way to get hydration in, and pure summer :-)  (I use decaf bags, but that's because I can't tell the difference, so why not??
2.  Frozen corn.  No, this is not some weird eating thing.  With my foot rehabbing, I've been on it more, and trying to take care of it in the evenings.  Best things-stretches (ankle rotations, stretching the arch, picking up towels with my toes), elevation, and ice.  But why not buy a 99 cent bag of corn and keep using it?  Just as long as the hubster doesn't accidentally use it for dinner....yech.
3.  My new bike set up.  I've said it before, I'll say it again.  My new aero bars and bike set up rock my socks off.  For the first time in...oh...never...it's actually comfortable in aero!  And I have all my gears!  Now if I can avoid repeating last nights ride...where I rubbed the brake for 90 minutes...that would be good.  No wonder 18.5 felt hard on the flats!  Wheel fixed and ready to go for this weekends rides...which is good, since I plan to spend at least 5.5 hours in the saddle before Monday :-P
4.  Free E-Books.  I know I've mentioned it before, but Pixel of Ink is an awesome site.  If you have a kindle or Ipad and don't subscribe, DO IT.  I average 4-5 books a week-nothing crazy, but some good fiction and historical fiction.  I'm also getting into my library's free e-books...I'm wait listed for the newest John Grisham and James Patterson books, and just got "The Paris Wife" delivered to my kindle.  It might be a hammock kinda night :-)
5. Sommee Cards. An oldie but goodie...there have been some ridiculous sommee cards circulating the 'nets lately. It seems everyone is sick of work, so most of them center around the office. Too much fun. Especially when you can share them with your boss and he laughs, too. Now that's job security.

And so is my life lately.  Simple pleasure, yes, but that's what life is all about, right?  What are you loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment