Monday, January 17, 2011

Sub Zero 7

I had a really great title all made up as I set out on my 8 mile tempo today...lesson learned.  Dont make up titles until you've finished the workout, sista. The thermometer read 6 degrees.  With 15-20 mph winds.  Surely I can tackle this with an extra base layer, yes?
NO.  I tried my hardest, but this was truly a miserable run!  My fingers were icy (I have raynauds...its not fun), my legs were frozen, and I couldn't terribly feel my face.  My 4 mile two looped course was a great idea at the time, but I wisely turned the second loop into 3 miles and called it a day.
Still...I'm pretty proud of myself for staying out there that long!  I give credit to my motivational tunes.  Here they are, in all their glory (don't judge, I know I have the taste of a 12 year old girl):
"Scars" (Basement Jaxx)
"XXXO" (M.I.A.)
"How Low" (Ludacris)
"Maniac" (Michael Sembello)
"Where's Your Head At" (Basement Jaxx)
"Engine Number 9" (Black Sheep)
"I gotta Feeling" (Black Eyed Peas)
"(Get) outta Your Mind" (Lil John)
"Toxic" (Britney Spears)
"Magic" (Cuomo)
"Sexy Bitch" (David Guetta)
"Good Girls Go Bad" (Cobra Starship)
"Clubbed 2 Death" (Rob D.)
"Shake It" (Metro Station)
"Chop Suey" (System of a Down)

Well, that got me through 7 miles :-)....looking like this:
BRRR!!! 

Workout stats:
Distance: 7.04 miles (tempo)
Time: 59:42
Pace 8:30
Time to go regroup by the fire :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment