Tuesday, January 11, 2011

An anemenemenoe

Ahh, cross training, How I love thee!! After 2 weeks plus one day of training, I thoroughly enjoyed my favorite form of low key cardio-swimming!! My gym has had the pool closed since Christmas, so I havent been able to swim. Now, dont get me wrong-I'm no Michael Phelps or Dara Torres....but I swim like a fish! Like....

Hey, it works. I might not be the fastest swimmer in the world, but slipping into the water during lunch is my own personal zen. No one can get between me and the water-not work, not my sore legs, not any personal problems. I slip through my chlorinated anemone with the ease of a gimpy clownfish-its not perfect, but its my own. I emerge calmly, a new outlook on the day, fresh and amped, despite getting in a solid workout (except for 50 yard repeats-those don't leave me refreshed!)

Today, we did a nice easy 1.5 mile swim in 45:14. Not fast, not technical, just me and the water.

The rest of the day? Don't ask...just keep swimming :-)

2 comments:

  1. just keep swimming!! now WHERE have I heard that before??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know....I sat there for a minute trying to decide whether or not to credit you with that statement :-P

    ReplyDelete