Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011 Season Goals

Ahh, the dreaded GOAL POST!! Ive been avoidin this post like pigpen avoids showers because it makes me feel accountable now....for my training, for my racing....AHHH!! I'm nervous!! Ok, ok, deep breaths. I can do this :-) We're all friends!!

very year I like to make some racing goals-a few sport specific, and a few goals for my "A" races. These are subject to change as I continue to train, of course, but right now I can see some realstic goals forming in my head. I've got my training plan somewhat solidified-Im loosely following the 37 week IM plan starting this week, minus the runs (not, not THOSE runs) and then I'll pick up some speedwork after the marathon to prep for my Musselman goals.

Without further ado....MY 2011 RACE GOALS!!

Tri Goals:

A sub 6 hour HIM ( I KNOW I have this in me!)
A sub 4 hour marathon (might be a bit trickier)
Beat my Sprint PR (1:22 in 2009)

Running Goal: sub 22:00 5k (PR is 22:32, but its the run leg of a tri)

Bike Goal: Oh I shudder to even type this. I need to actually learn how to ride in aero. I've done it a bit, NEVER in a race....and yes, I have done an Ironman. I think Ill go hang up my bike shoes in shame :-( ok, c'mon....isn't anyone else a bit afraid of it? HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO STOP IF YOU NEED TO???? WHAT IF I FALL OVER????

Ok, deep breaths, Rae.

Swim Goal: Sub 13 minute 1/2 mile. Yup, I'm a slow swimmer (see Anemenemone!)

Ok, now its time to get to work!

Todays workout:

5x1200 on the 'mill @ 7:30 pace

Stats: 5.25 miles, 44:45 overall 8:40 pace (keep in mind I walk/jog for a minute between intervals and do a .5 mile w/u and c/d.)

Usually with intervals the first two rock, the middle ones are painful and the last ones suck worse than Bob Saget on America's Funniest Home Video's.

This time, I wanted to hurl on the first interval. But I did it. I'm a bada**.

1 comment:

  1. stopping is for pansies! in all reality.. I worry about what would happen if I had to stop quickly (like what happened to Solveig) but I figure the chances are so slim.. I just try not to think about it

    ReplyDelete