Thursday, January 6, 2011

20 minute healthy meals

Good Evening!!  Its been another crazy day in the life of moi, so I will probably keep this pretty brief tonight.  After a hectic day at work, I ran the 7 miles on my training plan on the 'mill....not what I planned, but its sort of a mental battle between my brain and my legs right now-even though its supposed fact that its "easier" to run on a treadmill, my brain doesn't really buy it.  Therefore, I'll do speedwork on the treadmill to keep myself at goal pace and get little walking breaks (no, I didnt say that!) but I basically would rather die than run like a hamster on a wheel for more than about 15 minutes at a time.


BUUTTTT....endurance training is pretty much an even spread of physical ability and mental fortitude, so off to the torture chamber treadmill went my little butt today.  After about 4 miles I wanted to kill myself, but I chugged on!  Albeit one small mishap where I went to change the song on my Ipod and it fell off and I went zooming off the belt (that's what she said) I rocked it out!!  And the runner next to me kept glancing over at me like I was  obviously crazy for running for an hour on this silly machine a rock star!! 

Run Stats: 
Distance: 7.00 miles
Time: 59:34
Pace: 8:30

Right on target :-)  After ,y run, I stopped off at the bike shop to get my beloved tri bike, Summer (named after my cat because I'm classy like that....) 

 (isnt she cute?)

After my epic rides of 2010... (yes, i rode 5000 miles in one year.  And I'm damn proud of it!)


the 'roo (nickname for cat, and its a Quintana Roo...aren't I clever?) needed some lovin', so I brought her to the "spa".  One complete overhaul, a new chain, new brake pads, a switched out pimp crankset and 227 dollars poorer, she's mine again!!  I'll take her for a test ride on the computrainer tomorrow and see how it goes....so excited!!

After all those giggles, I was pretty toasted when I got home.  As part of my effort to meet my goals for being better to myself in 2011, I am working on making satiating, healthy dinners.  About 8 years ago I lost a bunch of weight calorie counting and working out, which is great for starting out, but I am still working on looking at food as fuel for my training rather than what has less calories (i.e. 100 cal packs are ok sometimes, NOT as a solos snack just because they have a low amount of calories!)

Starting at my cupboard and fridge, inspiration struck.  I wanted something satiating, high in protein (which I struggle with, even though I'm not a veggie), full of veggies, and nutrient dense.  

Voila!

 All I needed was a can of tuna, steamfresh broccoli, some adobo seasoning, fresh cheddar (just a sprinkle for some flava and healthy fat!) and 5 minutes under the broiler.  I also broiled a grapefruit sprinkled with cane sugar for my "dessert".  Totally hit the spot!!  ( No picture, cause really, it wasn't THAT pretty!)

And now, I'm spent.  Time to do up some dishes, either foam roll or bust out my christmas present The Stick (love you hubs!) and call it a day.

Do you have any quick "go to" healthy meals?







No comments:

Post a Comment