Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Best day of the week

is, hands down, Sundays. Aside from Ironman build (when we stagger out of bed by 7am to get in that 8 hour training in time for dinner: -P) or race days (usually 3-4ish a.m.....yikes!) Greg and I are such lazy bums, rolling out of bed anywhere from 9:30 to 11 and setting out to enjoy the rest of the a.m. hours with the paper, pancakes du jour and coffee (that's for me....ALLLL for me!)

This morning it was peanut butter and jelly pancakes (yes, its a 3rd grade food, but i test out my future "mom" culinary skills on my husband all the time. Wait till I snap a pic of my octopus mac n cheese....seriously, he loves it!) And who are we to question the science of mommy experiments? plus, its fun!Anyways....pb & j pancakes, apple spice coffee, and the paper. mmmm....perfection.

Most Sundays, I get out of my jammies to either bike or run....before getting right back into them. Today, a bike was on deck. I felt a touch sore after yesterdays shenanigans, but nothing crazy, so I loaded the 'roo on the trainer, and off I went. Wow, its amazing what a tune up will do! I could actually hear my soap over the noise of the chain and was fully able to appreciate Daisy giving birth in a car, then clobbering Daniel before taking off as a fugitive again.....boy, do I lead a normal life :-P

I got a bit ambitious after my ride and join the hubs for some yoga (yup, I went there and put it on his training plan....he liked it!) And then showered and promptly put my jammies back on (ok, they were fresh ones. At least i went that far!)

Such is the life :-)

Tonight its time for some couponing ( wonderful Sunday ritual that saves us a ton of cash on grocery day), an attempt at homemade pad thai, and Duck Soup for entertainment! A 2011 downtime goal is to finish watching all of the AFI's top 100 rated films...in the past 2 months, we've hit 14 of them, which isn't bad!

I love Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment