Thursday, January 13, 2011

Baby Moos

Evening, kids :-) This will be a quick post-its been a LONG day and I'm exhausted!!

No real words of wisdom here. Just looking forward to a nice, relaxing evening....I snuck in a workout during my lunch break today-from the trigeek Ironman plan for week 1: a 2400 yd swim with drills and repeats...and then I added on an extra 600 yards to the cool down, simply because it felt good :) At this stage in the game for this plan, the swim focuses on repeats and drills-I find the drills helpful to re-establish good habits for form, and did quite a bit of pull drills, kicking, and catch ups. The kicking I do with a board, and its a double benefit to work on my swim kick and to kick out any stress in my legs!!

During the first two weeks of training, Ive felt a bit of pain in my calves....some from treadmill running, some from getting back into a solid chunk of running.

Ive been stretching, icing, and using the stick, but my "baby moos" just need some TLC!
Hot cocoa, bad TV, and snuggly jammies call. Goodnight!

1 comment: