Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Springing into action

Well, according to the calendar, we're into Spring!  Coulda fooled me-I would have told you that that happened a few weeks ago and we're rounding the bend to summer...it's almost 80 out there today!  Not that you're gonna hear me complaining. Nope. Not at all.  Spring means flowers. And sunshine. And running in the rain when it's not as sunshiny.  And skirts.  Ahhh, spring.  I hearts ya.
Well, since I'm kinda short on time today, let's do some bulleted notes for catching up so I can spring into action on my to-do list (clearly, the change of season hasn't made me any funnier or wittier :-P)

*  Speed work does not work when you're sick. I thought I was gonna die on the treadmill today.  4x800 on the treadmill became 3x800...and then a .22 nubbin.  Better than nubbin nuttin.  Also, I would like to give a ginormous thanks to my gym buddy who thanked me for being sick this weekend so he could beat me in the race. Next time, sir, you are toast.  Hah.

* My nephew is doing a school project where he is collecting postcards from all over the state, country and world.  If you want to help, drop a  postcard telling something that you do in your location and what the weather is like. Please mention that you are friend of Wyatt's family!
Mrs. Butrick's Class
Fall River Elementary
1400 Deerwood Drive
Longmont CO 80504
Don't you remember when you were a kid and that stuff was cool?  You can spare a buck for a card and postage.  Be a hero :-)

* Kohl's has awesome 50% off deals on their site right now and shipping is free today and tomorrow.  C'mon, you know you need new sandals and shorts.  I scored both for less than $20 bucks.  Use the code SMS295 for an extra 20% off. You're welcome.

I'm pretty sure a triathlete wrote this!
*  Speaking of good deals, check out this free kindle book.  Who doesn't want to know more about Jackie O.?  She was one hot mama back in the day.

* Did I mention the gorgeous weather??  I'm off for a bike ride until dinner time (because I hear you can blow snot rockets easier when you ride) and I think you should get out to.  Don't have a bike?  Go buy one- ever store has last season's models on sale now....and you know what they say....

Happy Spring :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment