Monday, March 5, 2012

It's how I roll

Whew, what a weekend!  Seems as if it was the weekend of breaks....broken dryer (and $$$ to buy a new one!), broken stove (well, okay, just a fire alarm, but that's fixed), broken pizza stone (as a result of the broken stove), and a broken kindle....yep, right after I wrote a post about how awesome the kindle was, I booted it up, and saw a black line right across the screen.  Fudge.  After some cursing (by me and the hubster) we called up Amazon support, and they reiterated why I think the kindle is the greatest....what customer support!  They are sending out a new kindle on Wednesday and provided us with a return shipping label free of charge.  Awesome. 
With all that madness and a snowy 8 mile run on tap, I relaxed with some pumpkin tea and an actual book last night.  No blogging :-).  But, today, with a new week with NO travels and NO breaking (wishful thinking!) It's time to return to the (virtual and real) world!
Or...just the virtual one.  As I was trolling through the Internets last night, I read some of my favorite blogs, and they all have one thing in common...a blogroll.  As in, blogs that they read and think are worth reading.  (Hey, if anyone wants to be my friend and add me to their blogroll, I'll be forever grateful happy to reciprocate!) I randomly tend to pick the most interesting sounding names when I'm bored and do a lil reading....but it's a complete shot in the dark whether or not I'm actually interested once I get to said blog.  With that...I though I would share some of my favorite blogs with you...ones I read at least once a week and keep me coming back for more!

Sweetest blog:  The District chocoholic.  Victoria is a DC blogger (no kidding) who does daily reviews on her favorite subject...chocolate.  And not the Hershey type stuff, either...the good stuff.  Check it out...but not at 3pm.  It only fuels my afternoon chocolate habit :-)

Snarkiest Blog: Skinny runner. I wish I could hate this girl, but she just makes me laugh too damn much.  A 3:20 marathoner who busts out 7 minute miles like it ain't no thang, with some Jersey Shore attitude and self-depreciating humor.  A light read, but always good for a laugh.
Most relatable blog: Run, eat, Repeat.  Monica blogs for SoCal (so jealous) about running, eating, and...then doing it again.  Ear har.  All joking aside, this girl runs for the sheer fun of it, blogs about her cereal and carb addiction, and how she is trying like heck to lose the last 10 pounds.  She's funny, realistic, and expresses our inner dork that we all try to hide.
Oh no she didn't! BlogLittle G Spot.  Warning-this is an R rated blog (at best), but is so damn hilarious, you'll spit out your coffee (so wait till after your morning cup to read it).  Gail is a 40 something single mom in SC who blogs about dating, sex, and keepin' it real...with no (and I mean no) holds barred.  Her style is honest, gripping, and completely unique.  Subscribe.  You won't regret it.

Best Blog NameSteve in a Speedo?  Gross!  Please.  How can you not attempt this blog?  Steve is your average age grouper triathlete who's raced everything from a sprint to an Ironman, along with plenty of road races.  His humor (tongue in cheek) and diverse style keep me comin' back for more!

Most Informative Tri Blog:  DC Rainmaker. Hands down, the best training resource blog for triathletes.  Ray is a decently talented athlete, and does reviews of both race courses and the gamut of tri equipment.  He has a great storytelling voice, but also is objective, realistic, and informative.  His how to guides completely rock for those of us that are technologically challenged!

Yummiest BlogSkinny Taste.  Not only is this blog a mecca for yummy recipes, it also breaks them down into category/course and weight watchers points.  And, quite frankly, no one would know that any of it is weight watchers anyways!  Gina has an amazing eye for photography, and her recipes are easy to follow, don't require a million ingredients, and, did I mention it, really tasty?

Well, there ya have it.  Of course, I have other awesome blogs over on my blog roll (and ever expanding!)  but these are the blogs that I'm really lovin' lately!

Do you have any blogs you read every day?  An great blog I don't know about? Ones that I don't have mentioned or on my blogroll?  Spill!  (I'm always looking for Internet time wasters!)

2 comments:

  1. Aw shucks :). And hey, at least I don't post at 9 am anymore. Seeing dessert recipes post-morning-workout is just not OK with me.

    You should check out Alyssa (fellow runner/triathlete/chocolate lover): http://chocolateismylife-us.blogspot.com/
    And this guy is hysterical. Go for the photos alone: http://foodjunk.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one of your non-running followers, I am excited that you have included two of my favorite blogs. Little g spot and Skinny Taste. We use new Skinny Taste recipes at least twice a week and have never been disappointed. Tonight was her Chicken Caccitore, it was incredible. I can hardly wait for lunch tomorrow to have the leftovers! Little g...funny and engaging. I will try out your recommendations!--Connie

    ReplyDelete