Monday, July 11, 2011

M is for.....

No, no, its not Monday.  Why would I do an ode to Monday (unless I didn't have to work!)??

Source
Nope, not for muscles either.  Mine hate me.  I blame it on the ridiculous weekend mileage.  But we ARE getting close...

M is for MUSSEL!!!  Yay, it's musselman week!  (For those of you that are new to my blog, check out my ode to Musselman).  Although I didn't plan to do a taper for this race, I decided to load my run workouts and long bikes last week, so that I can do mostly swims and a few shorter bikes this week before the race-keep the speed, but don't kill my body. Yup, she CAN be taught!

In a nutshell, that means that I'm keeping my workouts to an hour or less this week, and beefing up my hydration, stretching, and rest.  Let's see how well I do with it.  Historically, not so much, but I would really like to bring it to this race, so I'm gonna tri try my best!

It's also time to beef up the good ole nutrition.  No, sadly, not with cookies (that's after the race on Sunday).  But with nutrient packed meals that will power me up this weekend-yay!  Check out Monday's creation:

Romaine with grilled chicken, fresh strawberries, peaches, tomatoes, cucs, and a pinch of cheddar.
Holy Yum.

Later Gators!  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment