Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Things that Go Bump!

In a word, me :-P

Tip for all of the triathletes, aspiring swimmers, or anyone in a pool....there is indeed, and end, much like the sidewalk.  There are cute little black marks to signal the end.....and in some cases, even flags to signal it.

I'm a big dummy.

Source
So...my swim.... 3x800 descending sets, with a warm up and cool down.  It was a rockin' workout.  So rockin', in fact, that when I did the second set, and about the 650 mark, I was flying in the water.  And, um, forgot that this wasn't open water.  CRASH.  I hit the side of the cement pool full speed....ouch!  Shook my head, went on, and killed my previous 800.  LOL.  I might be a few brain cells less, but at least it got a laugh out of the (full capacity, of course) pool.  Hey, if ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance....or something like that :-P

Thankfully my lunch workout kicked may-jor butt, as my afternoon tested me....but deep breaths friends, deep breaths!!

source
I took out all the aggression on the road, as I had a cooper test this afternoon. I test on run speed every 2 months or so with a warm up and then a 12 minute as far and as fast as you can do test-today I got 1.71 miles, which is a new record for me!  All in all, a pretty darn good training day.  Hey, I'll take what I can get for a Wednesday.
Happy bump hump day!
Of course I went there.  What else do you expect? :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment