Friday, July 15, 2011

2 Days left.....

Till Musselman!  AHHHH!!!
I find it a combination of amusing and ridiculous that I am so nervous about Sunday's race.  You would think that having done the distance twice along with a friggin Ironman would make me confident-not so much.  Hmm.  Wonder why that is?  Maybe because I have super crazy (for me) time goals associated with the race?  Maybe it's because it's supposed to be 92 and humid on Sunday?  YIKES!  Can someone phone into the futurecast or accuweather for 65 degrees and cloudy, please?  Thanks :-D

Ohh, ok, enough whining.  Till tomorrow :-)  Today is the day to run through my race checklist (yep, still using the same one 6 years later. Hasn't failed me yet! I tried to share it with the hubster, but he refuses to pack his hair ties AND trikini.  See what happens when he needs them on race day.  Sniff).  Ahem.  Sorry.  Running through my race checklist, packing it up, making sure my bike is a go go, and making a quicky grocery store run for peanut butter and english muffies (race morning staples!).  Then tomorrow it's a quick early morning brick (15 minute bike/10 minute run) to check gearing, etc., off to Geneva for packet pickup, pre race meeting, and chillaxing all afternoon with my super hot socks on and reading trash.  Yum.  Expect a freakout post tomorrow...pre race nerves are good, yes?

Anyways, onto the continued parade of the good stuff!!  Since it's toasty warm in NY, I decided a cool, simple dinner was in order: turkey bacon , diced apple and sharp cheddar over a bed of romaine, served alongside whole wheat bread and hummus:
Volumetastic and flavorful!
Up close YUM.
As always, did not disappoint.  Now it's time to get my rest on and my ice on....I've had some twinges in my knee this week and I'm probably being neurotic icing it just to be safe :-)  Happy Friday!

1 comment: