Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Veggie-tastic!

Well, since my semi taper week involves a serious lack of interesting training, I have nothing tri-related to talk about (wait, did I just hear a sigh of relief from the crowd?)  Just wait till Sunday...I'll have plenty, I'm sure :-D  In the meantime, let's talk about food, mmmmkay?

Well, we still have an abundance of veggies and fruit in the house, so clearly produce is where it's at.  However, the hubster likes his veggies with some substance, so veggies and poultry plus pizza = MAN FOOD! 

 Garden Yummy Pizza
* One pizza shell (or make your own crust-I was a bit strapped for time, so I went with all natural premade)
* Fresh tomato, scallion, kale and garlic
* 6 oz chicken breast
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* fresh mozzarella
* fresh basil
* BBQ sauce
* French onion dip
Saute the chicken breast in the olive oil until browned.  Add in garlic, kale and scallion (chopped).  Cook until tender.  While they are cooling, prep your crust- mix BBQ sauce and dip (working out of fridge availability), spread on crust,.  Sprinkle with mozzarella.  Chop up your tomato and basil, spread over cheese.  Chop up the chicken, sprinkle, along with remaining veggies, onto crust.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, broil for 2 minutes.

Serve that baby up, and accept "Wife of the Year" award, chortling in an Italian accent "It's not delivery, it's Digiorno's Glaserino's!
Realize that your husband married you for your kitchen skills, not your comedic skills, and move on.

And since I wasn't feelin' the pizza love, I cooked up something equally delicious, in my estimation: a kale scramble, with summer squash fries, served alongside fresh berries. 

 Nummy nummers.  Yeah, I know, I think the hubster won out with this dinner face off.  But that's ok, we got leftovers :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment