Focusing on the positives....here are my top 5:
1. I eat lots of produce-at least 3 servings of fruit and 5-7 of veggies each day.
2. Most of my mainstay carbs are NOT refined: whole wheat bread, oats, barley, brown rice, etc.
3. I eat breakfast every day-oats and banana and almonds-a good mix of carbs, fat and protein.
4. I eat every 2-3 hours to keep my energy even.
5. I eat fish at least 2 times per week.
So, now for the flip side, here are my areas that need work:
1. I eat breakfast way too late-sometimes not until 10am.
2. I eat breakfast like a pauper, lunch like a queen, and dinner like a king. And after dinner snacks like
3. I eat too many refined carbs after dinner. It's like my healthy eating goes to crap after 8pm.
4. I use
5. I overeat trigger foods like peanut butter than are calorically dense. Seriously. Set me down with a jar and a spoon and I can eat half in one sitting. Wow.
Looks like I have my work cut out for me! While I am NOT seeking perfection, I would like to ideally get my body fat down a few percentage points (right now I am at 22% and would love to go under 20%) and get to a better racing weight by Musselman in July. I intend to focus on 2-3 mini goals per week and, for my own accountability, report on the blog how I did :-) It's all about baby steps!
Week One Goals (May 3rd-8th)