Monday, May 9, 2011

Reading Rainbow


Source

Butterfly in the sky ...
I can go twice as high!
Take a look,
It's in a book
A Reading Rainbow !


Anybody remember that show from the '80s?  Yup, now I had the stupid theme song stuck in my head.  Silly, silly me.  Happy Monday, friends!  Who's ready for another week?  No?  Well, you don't have too much choice in the matter :-D

Weekend 'round here was good....it was the end of a recovery week here on TFB, so Saturday I did some kickboxing and a Jillian Michael's DVD (that woman is a killer....I think I need to keep it in my strength repertoire) and cleaned the house, then on Sunday I did a brick (my plan said I could :-P...rode 25 miles and ran a 10k), did some spa stuff with Mom, and had some family over for a cookout and game time!!  Fun stuff. 

Even though it's Monday and I'm quite tired from yesterday, I am raring to go for a new training block!  The rides get longer, the runs get longer, and I love every minute of it!  As promised, its time for a recap of week one of Taste the Rainbow :-)  If you remember, the goals of the week were to:

1.  Choose one snack post dinner.
2.  Work on portion size.
3.  Expand my fruit and veggie eating repertoire!

Goal One:  Miserable fail.  I am slowly working out of my nighttime crescendo eating (as Solveig so eloquently put my tendency to let my meals grow during the day!) but I still eat a bit too much at night.  It's ok, it's a work in progress :-)

Goal Two:  Doing better at this!  This comes from a girl who can easily eat the whole box of cereal in four two sittings, so I am super proud of this.  My weapon?  A measuing cup.  Yes, she can be taught!!


Goal Three:  Amaze. :-)  I added spinach under my quinoa mix one night (see the pic-total rainbow!) had some berried one day instead of an apple (expensive, yes, tasty, you bet!), had some grilled zuchinni yesterday with dinner,  and brought a grapefruit to work one day instead of an orange.  I still have my standbys (mostly because they are cheap and I am cheap frugal) but I enjoyed the party in my mouth from other flavors :-)

This weeks goals:

1.  Same as week one.  I think I'm gonna combine some of these goals from week one and say that I should choose one portion controlled snack per night.  Some nights it will be a splruge snack, some nights it will be a bowl of ceral (no, not half the box!!)

2.  Artificial Sweeteners:  I want 'em out.  Even though they started out as a way to lose weight eight years ago, now they are a nuisance.  They contribute to my bloated feeling, and it disgusts me to think about what I am putting in my body.  Yuck.  This will be hard for me to quit cold turkey, but I am going to try to limit them to 2-3 packets per day (which is a huge reduction.  No judging, please :D)

3.  Eat breakfast by 9:45 each day.  We will decrease this by 15 minutes each week.


Okies, got my work cut out for me!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment