Monday, May 23, 2011

Riding the Bus

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, folks.  Our Internet kicked the bucket, as it seems Time Warner was playing around with power lines in good ole 315 land.  I hear that having no Internet might adversely affect your AVM.  Sorry, jumping the gun there.....

Source
These past few days have been pretty rough on me, kids.  I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I am fully riding the bitter bus right now.  I am sorely a glass half full kinda girl, but my little world has been rocked in the past week with just enough to tip me over the edge! 

I won't belabor it, as reading someone else's little rants are no fun-I just keep repeating that "you never get more than you can handle...." and look for the light at the end of the tunnel.  I know it exists!!  Meanwhile, I am working on coping mechanisms for the new week-

* Don't stuff your emotions with food.  This is, sadly, key with me.  I find solace in brownies and cookies, which is fine, but emptying the box of girl scout cookies in one setting is not good for my tummy or my brain.  Plan of action:  calling a friend, snuggles, and yoga.  Last resort of desperation: fireballs.  I know they aren't healthy, but they take awhile to "eat" and calm the fire, literally :-D

* Tackle one problem at a time.  Today, the mortgage.  Tomorrow, work.  It's doable.  It's more about looking for the solution rather than ruminating on the problem.  I can do that :-D

*  Give myself a break.  I know I'm not perfect.  I need to realize that's "okay".  If I skip one workout, I will not wallow in the land of DNF (Did not finish) for a race.  However, since training is stress relief for me, I will make sure I get some form of workout in most of the time!!

* Realize that it's ok to say "no".  I, like most other females, feel really guilty if I tell someone no.  I need to remember that it's good to help people out, but that I need to take care of myself as well, or I won't be able to help anyone.  I may be superwoman,  but even she wasn't perfect!


I think that sounds good...if I remember even half of that, it just might help!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll get off the bus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment