Thursday, February 3, 2011

Number 3, hold the bread

And some days, the only legal fix is a burger and fries....

Veggie burgers and butternut squash fries, that is.  I'll take 2 Dr. Praeger's veggies burgers, a chopped dill and some homemade squash guys to go, please!!!

YUM.  These squash fries are the best thing man ever made (or woman) and are super easy to make.  You take a butternut squash guy and some cinnamon:
1.  Cut the squash ends off, and chop in half.  De-seed.
2.  Cut into fry shapes (you can keep the skin on, or remove if you prefer softer fry guys.
3.  Place on cookie sheet, sprinkle with cinnamon (or a savory spice if that's your thing)
4.  Roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees, flipping once.

Eat alongside foremaned burgers.  YUM YUM YUM.  And, dare I say it, core friendly?

Today's awesome speed sesh:
400 repeats
warm-up .5 mile
12 x 400 @ 7:13, 45 sec recovery
cool down .5 mile
Total:  5 miles
Time: 42:56

And now, its time for my just desserts:
No seriously.  Peach crisp (aka peaches with cinnamon and oats sprinkled on) are calling my name. 
You know you want some.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooo Weeeee.... When I was a kid I could give at least 16 reasons NOT to eat squash and definitely not as a replacement to what then were my favorite, heavily salted shoe-string french fries! That looks good. I would likely want to try the cinnamon the first time I make them. I do wonder when you will simply be publishing a triathletes cookbook? Nice pace for your speed workout. That does it! Time for me to put together a plan! You are an inspiration. For me this blog is averaging about a weekly visit! Loved the Christmas/ Rudolph one too. This last round of weather down here was in the form of rain. It almost smelled like Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete