Thursday, February 10, 2011

The baal's in your court

I think it might be high time to spruce up the intelligence quota for this blog, so today, i would like to start off by talking politics.  Namely, Indiana politics.

Mr. Baals
On my way to work this morning, I was listening to the local radio station and heard of a debate going on with the fine residents of Fort Worth, Indiana.  It seems one of their more popular mayors in the early 1900's may have a government building named after him this year....or not.  Apparently, the residents are all for it, but today's officials may have a teensy problem with the Harry Baals Center.  Wonder why?  His ancestors say his name was really "Harry Bales"...but who knows.  Either way, it seems like the Indiana government really ought to rethink putting the poll online to vote for the name of the center.  Whoops.

Not that my problems can compare to Fort Worth, but I have a bit of a ball problem myself today.  No kids, get your mind out of the gutter.  It's my feet.  I got some new shoes for Christmas (Asics 2150's),  and decided these would be ideal for my upcoming marathon.  I've used asics for the past few years(even for my marathon in Ironman), always the 21xx series, and loved them.  However, I got a sweet deal last fall on the Brooks Ghost 2 shoe, which has a high arch and is lightweight.  I used them for my fall races, including a half marathon, and loved them....but the asics are a bit cushier, which is helpful sometimes in a marathon. 

I used the asics in my tempo run from he double hockey sticks Tuesday, and slid them on with some trepidation for my speedwork today.  Again, after the 4th 800 repeat, the balls of my feet began to ache.  They aren't tied tightly...not sure what's going on.  Maybe I just forgot the break-in process?  Either way, its making my runs suck "baals" and I don't know what to do.

Either way, I did smoke my speedwork....
Treadmill workout: 
w/u .5 miles, 8 x 800 @ 7:19/mi,  with recovery, .5 mile cooldown
Distance: 6.02 miles
Time: 50:12
Overall pace: 8:20/mile

Still, I hobbled back to work and immediatly took off my shoes.  Not a fan.

It's a harry hairy problem. So, I'm polling.... any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment