So, without further adieu, I'd like to honor one of the most special people in the world to me, and share with you a few golden truths I've learned from someone infinitely wise for their years and my role model.
From my Godfather, I've learned....
1. Life doesn't hand you anything. You have to go and get it. And that means you'll appreciate it that much more because you've worked for it.
2. Live simply. Things are just "things". And make sure you save a busk or two when you can.
3. Take time out of your day to laugh...at the Sunday comics, at the world, at yourself.
5. Be thankful for what you have. Even if your job isn't what you want, at least it's helping you pay your bills. Sometimes you have to work hard in life to get what you want.
6. Along with number 5....be happy with what you DO have, instead of focusing on what's wrong with your life. If you want what you have instead of always trying to have what you want, you will be so much happier.
8. Sometimes a cup of coffee and a long godfather/daughter chat is all the therapy you need (and it's much cheaper!)
9. Have faith. God never gives you more than you can handle.
Happy Birthday Uncle, Godfather, and most of all friend. I am such a lucky girl to have you in my life and I won't ever forget it! Here's to another year and many many more memories :-D