Monday, October 3, 2011

Small Victories

First day of my 29th year....and I spent it feeling like poo and crunching numbers.  Hmmm.  The former is my fault....I thought I was doing a duathlon yesterday, not a tough mudder :-P  The latter....well, whoever schedules finance meetings for 3 hours on a Monday just needs to go away.  Oh wait...that was me.  Crap.
 Well, tomorrow only gets better, right?  On the bright side, i did score some major deals at Tops today on produce-lovely reduced and needs to be eaten ASAP red cabbage, 2 papaya, a cantaloupe, 6 apples, 4 oranges, and shredded carrots.  All for 6 bucks.  That's enough to make me smile...sometimes it's the little things!  So we did a produce-full dinner and dessert in order to chase away the sickies!  First up: Chicken and apple sauteed with red cabbage:
Pretty?  No.  Tasty?  You bet!  I shredded 4 oz chicken and cut up one apple, sauteed it in a teaspoon of canola oil, cinnamon, ginger, and caraway seed, then steamed the red cabbage shreds and added the two together to meld the flavors.  Yum. Tastic.
For a sweet ending, I chopped up one of the papaya's and shared it with the hubster, who is also fighting the sniffles.  One cup of papaya has about 3 times the RDA for Vitamin C, so I think that covers us :-)  Nuh uh, cold, you ain't never gonna catch me!
And that's just me being dumb.  Take it or leave it. They can't all be winners, right?  Happy Monday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment