Thursday, October 6, 2011

Indian Summer

Hi pies!  Happy gorgeous Thursday!  The sun is shining (yup, even in Rochester) and it's just all around a beautiful day.  After a few bumps in the road this morning (huge back up on the way to work, and a blown heating coil in the dryer) it has shaped up to be a pretty sweet day.  Some big blog news in the works (soon to be revealed), an awesome run after work, and a great grilled dinner a la hubster.

Let's backtrack.

Awesome Thing #1-The run.  Nothing crazy or out of the ordinary about this run, except it was the first (non tough mudder) run that I've done since Ironman #2  It was gorgeous out, the hubster ditched me for our supposed bike ride together to go for a run of his own (sniff, sniff), so I figured what the heck, laced up my shoes, and was off.  It was perfect.  Aside from a bit more heavy breathing than usual (Ironman will kill your lungs for a few weeks-endurance, hah!) my legs didn't feel too bad, and I managed 5 miles at an easy pace. In the gorgeous, crisp, fall sunshine.  #winning

Wait, did someone say Winner, winner, chicken dinner?  No?  Too bad....

Awesome thing #2:  Dinner!  Since it was about 70 degrees out, I persuaded the hubster to light up the grill and make an indian summer meal.  Honey mustard wings for him, and BBQ chicken wraps for her!  Super easy, super healthy, super GOOD.

BBQ Chicken Wraps
What you need for success:  6 oz raw chicken breast, 2 tbsp BBQ sauce, 6 lettuce leaves (I used Iceberg (lame, yes, but it was on sale!)  but you can use Romaine or Bibb). 
Super easy, kids. Grill up the chix breast (I've been known to use a foreman when my firebug hubster won't grill), shred, mix in yo sauce, then....roll er up in the leaves!

Makin the wrap...
Cross Section YUM

All together with Acorn squash fries and papaya
Super fun, super good, super filling.  And a perfect smattering of summer and fall.  Win.

Not bad for a random Thursday, in my book. Enjoying it before the snow flies!!  Wait, did I really just say that?? 

2 comments:

  1. Switch the squash for Zucchini fries and thats my kind of dinner!!! ...and check out all the LEAVES in that yard!!!Raking that would be an alternative workout, of course my kind of workout is the effort it would take to crank up the leafblower and send them all to the neighbors yard :)

    ReplyDelete