Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October showers...

Bring wet, muddy runs. And also, of course, flowers :-). Wait, what?  Yup, you got it.  I was slogging away with budget numbers this morning and cursing out the rainy day, when I got a call from the lobby of my office asking me to drop everything and come downstairs.  I was not pleased.  This usually does not bode well for me....but today it did! My dear godfather sent me flowers for my bday and decided to just elongate the celebration by waiting till today!
Aren't they pretty?  So glad they made my frown go upside-down in a matter of 5 minutes-yay!  Though I love fresh flowers, I don't get them often...my lil fur child feels that they are more of a special treat for her to eat than something pretty to look at (though she eats insulation, too....fiber glass is a form of 'fiber', no?) so there's no accounting for taste :-P 

Aside from that little gem, today has been pretty uneventful.  The gray day has forced me to ingest my weight in liquid hot magma energy, but that's about the norm nowadays.  Anyone else relate?  It seems as if, save for colors on the trees, we have jumped from summer to November in one fell swoop.  And I, for one, would like some good hayride, apple picking, and trail running fall weather, stat!

In other news.....tonight I am taking my first dance class in about 8 years!  My BFF from college and I signed up for a groupon on w him and now have 5 contemporary or jazz classes to attend by November.  Tonight is Adult contemporary...should be interesting!  Though I have several years of dance experience and a ton of endurance from long distance racing, running and biking don't lend well to flexibility and expression, so I fully expect to be humbled!  However, I am super psyched to get in some exercise that isn't SBR related, and plan to investigate any fun sources of staying active after almost ten months of Ironman training!
Especially if I get to dance with this guy:
Source
Wait, that wasn't included in the groupon?  $hit.  I want my money back :-P

2 comments:

  1. I am also exploring non-SBR activities! such as yoga and riding my pony! hopefully some "hiking" also

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY FOR DANCE! I took a year off from deep stretching, and my flexibility is now shot!! I can't believe it. I'm trying to do 15-20 minutes of stretching after running. Gotta get those splits back!

    ReplyDelete