Wednesday, September 7, 2011

We're all a little (coco)nuts!

      Hi pies!  Happy hump day.  Hope all is well in your world.  On my end, I am having a splendiferous day.  Why, may you ask?  No, not the weather.  Still the same old dreary nonsense out my window.  But it's inspiration to make some lovin' in the kitchen (get your mind out of the gutter people, this is a family blog!)
      First things first, though.  It's officially 17 days left till my Ironman and I'm trying to hone in the final workouts before starting taper next week.  On tap for today- a 2.5 mile swim and a track workout.  I ended up shortening the 2.5 mile swim to 2 miles, as I ran into my friend Joe at the pool who just did IM Cananda and wanted to relive his race-totally worth it, IMO. What a trouper!! The workout- 2 mile swim @ IM pace in just under an hour made me feel pretty good!! Track wokout is tonight post soccer game at the school.

Source
But let's talk about the better part of the day, shall we?  Even though lately my world has been quite crazy, with the help of some lovely produce at the markets and sales at Top's, I have gathered some ingredients in order to stretch my culinary experiments in the kitchen!  Today, we skipped right past dinner (just some seasoned veggies and chicken sausage) and went for the good stuff!
Remember sno-balls, those lovely little confections from the 80s that basically could live to be about a 100 in any envrionment but were oh so tasty?  Yup, me too.  Let's make 'em over (slightly at least :-P)



Sno-ball Muffins
Whatcha need:
1 box of strawberry cake mix
(you could make your own, but let's be real, I work, too....so we used boxed)2 Egg whites
.5 cup coconut
8oz. Yogurt (I used non fat strawberry)

Let's not be fancy, here, ok?  Throw it all into a bowl and mix, mix, mix, mix for about 2 minutes.

Pink goop.  But tasty goop.

Fill into muffin pans....if you at too much dough, it will fill 9 cups. If you are incredibly boring have a will of steel and don't eat dough, it should fill 10-11 cups.

Bake em up in an the oven-set to "Bake" (yeah, I went there) at 350 for 2-22 minutes or until cooked through. 
Pretty little pink muffie guys.


Plate Em ((if you want to be civilized about it)

EAT.
 
They might not be gorgeous, but they did get the hubster's seal of approval. And I'm cool with that.  After all, a man's gotta have his sno balls right?  (Yeah yeah, TWSS).
Quitting while I'm ahead :-)  Enjoy your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment