Sunday, September 4, 2011

Round the Old Oak tree

Full race recap coming tomorrow, it’s been a long morning!!  Quick stats:  1:59:07 (clocked 13.16 miles), 9:03 pace, 5/18 in AG, 23/114 women overall, 122/275 OA.
Not bad for a training run!  This course pretty much spit me out at about mile 5 and chewed me up good.  I never realized that 75% of the race was run on dirt/pebble mix roads (they were wicked!!) But it’ll be good practice for trail running next year!!
More thoughts later.  But I do have some pics for you….
DSCF4111
Pre Race....I think I look like I want to just take a nap!!
DSCF4116
Mile 2....no, my feet don't touch the ground.
DSCF4152
Mile 13....finish round the HS track
DSCF4158
Does it count if I don't step on the timing mat?
DSCF4161
Post race sweat glow
DSCF4164
Finisher medal and the stats!!
And that was all.  Solid effort for the day…and much better than my old Geneseo tricks Smile with tongue out...though of course a Mia's trip was in order for a slice!!!
  Next race….Chesman Iron distance!!!  WOOT WOOT Smile

1 comment: