Friday, September 16, 2011

Hurtz Donut

8 days.

Thought of the day:  I HATE tapering.  Hate it with a passion.  Even though I've been cutting back like a mo-fo on my workouts, I still feel like crap.  Can't sleep enough.  Going through my workouts like mud.  In a poo mood.  And having wicked caffeine withdrawal  headaches from kicking coffee this week to use it as a race tool next weekend.
It hurts. And I'm not a fan.  But deep down, I do know that it will be beneficial next weekend.  As long as I can get through 2 more days of work, 5 more workouts, packing, and 400 miles of road.  Then it's simple-just 140.6 to go...or something like that :-P

But let's talk about something better....how about fall, shall we?  Its gorgeous here in New York.  Its about 58 degrees here today, and the signs of fall are really coming through.  The air is nippy, the sun is shining, and I saw a few trees turning on my way in to work today.  Not exactly conducive to thinking about jumping in the Choptank river in 8 days, but nice to see overall :-)  I'm thinking corn mazes, haunted hayrides, hot apple cider, and donuts.

Source
 Preferably not the kind of donuts I'm experiencing right now. 

Of course, I might be tempted if I could transform the Hurts Don't it to a Hurtz donut with a side of pumpkin coffee?  No?  No?

In 9 short days.....eyes on the prize people :-).  Time to go map out some race goals and sit on my hands....errr....rest, I mean.  Yup, that's what I said.  Taper.

No comments:

Post a Comment