Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pull up a patch

So today, I got over myself and just did the effing marathon.  Why wait till Saturday?  Not ONLY that, but I set a PR!!

And broke the course record!

In 1:22:xx!

Oh wait.  I was on a bike.  Crap.  Just call me Carlos Smile with tongue out 

Big shout out to the “hubster” as he has self-identified in the comments section, for mapping out the National marathon Course on the computrainer for me to ride today.  I got to “see” where the hills are (mayjah hillage from mile 4-6 and the damn course finishes UPHILL…yowza!)  Otherwise, it was a great ride-I maxed out on speed in the course at 26.2 (coincidence, I think not!) and then topped off the two hour ride with a flatter course for a total of 39 miles, an average of 19.5 mph, which rocks, since I kept 90% of the ride at an easier pace.  I really wanted to keep going, but I do suppose I should at least try to taper Open-mouthed smile

While riding, I decided that once and for all, I need to solve my indoor training problem (oh, FYI-stop reading here unless you are a cyclist or promise to love me regardless of what comes next?  mmm-kay?  Thanks!)

Where was I?  Oh yes, indoor training problem.  You see, I really want to learn how to be a bada$$ and pee off the bike during an Ironman or HIM, but since I ride indoors most of the time (a car accident will do that to ya), I don’t relish peeing on my floor and then riding for the next 4 hours.  So what’s a girl to do? 

I HAVE THE ANSWER!

 

For only $39.95 (plus shipping and handling…..)  I need….

55c65199-a679-451a-8658-df5008be91ae

A POTTY PATCH!!!  I’ve seen the super duper infomercial for these babies, and I am convinced there could be money in a spin off (har har) for triathletes and cyclists.  Much like the pet owner that doesn’t want to go out in the cold or lives in a high rise, this was we won’t have to STOP the bike ride, most likely climb stairs, to pee!!  C’mon, who’s with me?  (ok, ok.  I know.  I’m only kidding.)

Sorta.

I do hear though, if I call IN THE NEXT 15 MINUTES….

Order now and we'll upgrade your Potty Patch to our super plush anti-microbial grass with double the blades, a $60 value, FREE! And that’s not all, you’ll also receive the Bonus jumbo pet bath towel!  You pay just $4.95 processing and handling.

Oh wow.  That grass is probably fresher than my lawn!  Who could resist?

Ok, enough with the potty jokes.  At least Roo (my lil kitty) didn’t lay a big stinky in her litter box at mile 5 during  my rides like she usually does today.

She waited till mile 6.

*&%^

Potty mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment