Wednesday, September 26, 2012

If you're happy and you know it...

Hey hey there!  I stand corrected from yesterday.  Not feeling like talking about vacation or birthdays (teh horrorz!) so I almost skipped the whole blogging thing...if I don't have anything, I'm not going to waste your time.
But then I realized, truly, what a good day it's been....and since I'm a happy girl, I thought I would share some of the things with you that are making me smile lately.  Who knows, maybe they'll make you smile, too!
What I'm loving lately....
1.  The "Game of Thrones" series by Geore R.R. Martin.  A cross between LOTR, Pillars of the Earth and Hunger Games (in my opinion)....it's not an easy read (NONE of the names are intuitive and he tends to skip around alot), but I'm totally into it.  I love the fact that it's a longer book, so I've actually been reading it for a few weeks (I usually devour books).  I can't lose myself in it for more than an hour, tops, but the story is intruiging, and I can't wait to see how the TV series stacks up (I know, I'm late to the party on this one).
2.  SongPop! on Facebook.  I started playing this game last week when the hubs challenged me to a game....with the rest of the Glaser's following.  My handicap?  My husband's family used to spend DINNER hours being quizzed on song lit, and his Ipod has about 25,000 songs on it.  I was getting trounced, so I complained about how much I sucked on Facebook.  Well, bless my friends (yeah guys, thanks)...within 6 hours, I had 12 requests to play.  I played 122 games last week (yikes!) and the upshot is...I'm getting much much better!  I would say I win about as much as I lose, which is alot when you get trounced 12-1 by your significant other in your first game.  Yikes.  Play it.  You'll like it.  But no more challenges....I have 14 games going now!
3.  New Girl.  It premiered last night, and after a crappy day (who manages to get a parking ticket in a garage that they PAY to park in? Me, thats who.  Lame)...ahem.  Sorry.  It had the hubs and I in stiches for an hour (we were lucky enough to have two premiers!) I love everyting about this show.  It's wrong, raunchy, dorky, and bust a gut laugh all in one.  And I hope they never cancel it.  The four main characters are so much in sync, it's scary.
4. Balsamic Vinegar and Oat Bran.  No, not together!  I did some chicken in the slow cooker over the weekend in garlic, rosemary and balsamic vinegar, and have been easting the leftovers all week.  Divine, moist (I hate that word, but I'll get over it) and flavorful-pairs well with veggies, rice, quinoa or anything, really.  Yum.  My breakfast of choice lately? Oat bran.  I love old fashioned oats to death, but oat bran is creamier, heartier, and fluffs up so beautifully.  Add in chopped apple and some vanilla greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon = hot apple pie for breakfast.  Yum. Yum.

5.  PSY.  I heard the song on PXY a few weeks ago, and just brushed it off as a weirdo foreign remix. Then I saw the video.  Holy hell.  This guy is hilarious!  The phenom has hit the world, and everyone's running around exclaiming "Gangnam style" and flailing around in an imitation of a truly terrible dance that is both comic and easy to mask your $hitty dance moves with :-P  If you live under a rock and you haven't seen the video yet, DO.IT.  I take no responsibility for the fact that the stupid song will be stuck in your head for the rest of the night.
 
Well, there ya go.  Nothing epic, but enough to make me happy.  What's turning your world lately?

2 comments:

  1. you'll want to kill yourself when you've spent months reading all 5 GOT books and are then waiting for the 6th one.. probably for YEARS!!!

    ReplyDelete