Monday, February 13, 2012

Fluffy Flakes n Cakes

Yesterday, I embraced the true meaning of Sunday....rest, relaxation, and jammies.  I woke up to this:

And decided immediately it would be a low key day!  I cancelled my run (hey, I don't start my plan till tomorrow), got my cardio in by shovelling the driveway (8 inches of snow = cardio and upper body, boo ya!) and then, celebrated Sunday....with these:

Super Fluffy Strawberry Pancakes
1 cup pancake mix (let's not get too Martha Stewart!)
6 oz strawberry greek yogurt
pinch salt
1 cup water

I could also call this the idiot proof pancake recipe, but I won't diss myself too much :-)  Stir all your ingredients together...then for the magic.  Walk away for 10 minutes and let the batter rest.  This makes the fluffiest pancakes in the world! I like to make my 'cakes medium sized....so I add a bit less than 1/4 cup batter and ended up with 6 pancakes.  I suppose that means you could share...if you wanted :-)  Check out the volume on these babies! Easy to make, sinful tasting, added protein for some nutrition.  Win win.  And, dare I say it, perfect for Valentine's day, should you choose to want a fluffy, pink brekkie?  Don't wory, guys.  I won't tell.

Know what goes good with these?  A fresh cup of coffee.  And jammies.  And the Sunday paper.  Mmmm, the little things in life. 
How was your weekend?  Did you get any snow?

No comments:

Post a Comment