Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ole!

The hubster and I decided to be social yesterday...(yup, hold your gasp), so we had a nice double date with my cousin and her new husband.  They brought wine and bread, and I was in charge of dinner.  What does one cook on a cold December day that doesn't smack of Christmas?  Mexican!  Yup.  But since I wasn't in the mood for tacos and winter decided to make an appearance, the hubster and I decided to go with a good ole stand by....soup.  No recipes jumped out at me, so I got creative in the kitch and ended up with Chicken Taco soup....definitely NOT Christmas :-)
Ole! Soup
14 oz cooked chicken breast
2 cups tomatoes
1 green pepper
Two small onions
One Carrot
2 cups corn
1 package taco seasoning
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup celery
garlic, black pepper

Chop up the veggies to bite sized pieces.  Pour 8 cups water into a stockpot, add veggies.  Simmer for 30 minutes.  Add in tomatoes, corn, salsa, and all seasonings.  Simmer on low for 2 hours.  Ad in chopped chicken and simmer for an additional hour.  Optional add ins: noodles (I cook these separately and add in at the end.)  Top with cheese if desired.  Serves 6 generously.

Twas delicious, served with Jalapeno cheddar bread, cab sauv, and a salad bar with plenty of topping options :-) Enjoy.
Then marvel at the wonders that you find on the Internet.
Exactly.  Thanks for a wonderful evening, Tom and Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment