Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Run like you stole something!




It's National Run Day, y'all!!!  Anyone else celebrating?  Although I would have loved to do it up my favorite way by taking a nice long 2 hour run followed by a nice carb feast, I made do with what I could on a weekday-super 6's!
Although speedwork used to be the bane of my existence, I have embraced it since training for my last marathon-it's structured, you have to hit certain paces, and it;s over in 45 minutes or less :-)  Perfect for a lunchtime workout!!  I have perfected my paces for quarter, half, and mile repeats, now it's time to work on the 600's.  In my tri plan, they focus on this distance.  The idea is to run 200 yard as fast as you possibly can, then run 400 5 seconds (pace) slower and try like hell to hold on.  Lather, rinse, repeat 5 times or till you puke :-D 
Usually I go out way too effin' hard and can't hold the pace, but I'm getting better.  I did 6x600 with a mile warm up and cool down for a solid 40 minute effort of hard running-almost 5 miles altogether.  I consider myself celebrated :-)  There are days, like today, where I feel like a true runner :-)

And then there are days when I run for these:


www.nataliedee.com                 
For the vitamin, I mean.  Of course.  Yep, that's it :-)

Are you a runner?  What makes you tick?  For me, especially on days like today, I love it for the mental escape.  Speed work pounds out frustration-much better than chocolate-too bad chocolate tastes so much better :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment