Sunday, June 12, 2011

Takes the cake

Winding down from a terrific but busy weekend here Smile  Of course, the highlight of the show was my cousin Karen’s wedding yesterday….what a great time!  The bride was gorgeous, the groom handsome, both very much in love, and we all had a great time and danced our butts off…the rain even held until after the outdoor ceremony!
IMG_0925

The Happy couple….
IMG_0928

Me and the hubster!  (Yes, he planned his outfit based off mine).  We’re silly guys like that Open-mouthed smile
IMG_0931
Bride and Groom’s first dance….awwww

Dancing queens!  Go Mama TFB!

What a great day Smile  Of course, saving the best shot for last….this one really takes the cake Winking smile  You see, for our wedding a few years ago, we got our cake at a place that didn’t deliver, so my wonderful cousin offered to bring it to the wedding.  What we didn’t know was that it came in 3 pieces, so she had to put it together…which she did wonderfully…and a bit lopsided Open-mouthed smile  The hubster’s fam apparently has history with sliding cakes, so it was quite perfect without her even knowing that, but also pretty hilarious!

RaeandGreg_0943


Glaser wedding cake ala 2009 (after obligatory cake smushing-oh yes we did!)
IMG_0918
Me “helping” Karen and Tom’s cake have a bit more character (no  I didn’t really Smile with tongue out)

Good times, good times!   The rest of the weekend was pretty much focused on training….I did a super legit 80 mile ride yesterday and a 15 minute T run off the bike-yay!  Unfortunately, the dancing last night, high heels and super rich food really caught up with me this morning on my run….so I chopped it a bit and did 12 quality miles rather than 15 junk ones!  Hey, I CAN be taught Smile   rest of the day includes some house cleaning, cookie baking, and watching Harry Potter 7 (yep, I’m a nerd.  I really need to have some turds to justify my taste in movies Smile with tongue out)    Have a great night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment