Thursday, July 26, 2012

Frosting on the (non existant) Cake

Hello, friends!  Hows your day going?  After hours of manual labor, my patootie was surely glad to be desk side today.  Man, I'm a wimp.  In between interviewing and phone calls, I managed to get in a 5 mile run on the treadmill (love the proximity of my gym to work!).  My foot is slowly getting better (yes, I did have a small set back from 2 weeks ago.  I'm not the brightest human in the world, but I'm also not sorry I did it.  So there :-P Right now I'm trying to work back up to being comfortable with the longer distances and not worrying so much about speed.  I bit the bullet and signed up for the Portland (Maine) Half Marathon on September 30th, so along with a few shorter tri's, there my season!
But enough of that active stuff (psshhhh).  After a long day at work and a decent run, I was looking for a sweet ending to the day....without breaking the (calorie) bank.  I love chocolate to bits, but have an eensy problem with portion control.  ( C'mon, I know I;m not the only one). I also had no desire to cook anything in this heat.  So I sorted through my flagged blog recipes and came upon this gem that I altered somewhat...and fell instantly in love (Well, okay.  30 minutes later in love with, cause I froze it).  No excuses.  You need to make this baby TONIGHT.  Check it out!

Need a Lil Somethin' Somethin' Frosting (adapted from STUFT Mama)
2 tbsp cocoa
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp sugar free syrup
1 packet Equal

In a shallow bowl, add in cocoa powder and equal. Pour in milk and sugar free syrup, stir lightly until all powder and liquids are combined. 
Option 1: Eat immediately at room temperature.
Option 2:  Stick in the freezer for 15 minutes, and the frosting will take on the consistency of fudge.  Break off bits with a spoon....yum yum yum.

Guilt free nutrition stats: (serves 1)
40 calories (using skim milk, sugar free syrup and dark cocoa) 
Not bad for a chocolate snack attack!

And that, my friends, made my day.  Nah, I don't need to win the lottery.  Just give me chocolate.  And my skinny jeans (capris, I guess right now).
Nighty night!

1 comment: